20060331

Iconographer pt.1



Leonard Knight @ Salvation Mountain©BurgsEye 2005

Iconograph-er

that's me
careering

down
a
path

in the dark

with
out the hurdle
of rational thinking

with
out
any
prior
knowledge

Guided
by
no thing
in particular
on
this
nameless path

collecting
samples,
artifacts,
history
along
the way.

Doing
with
out thinking,
feeling connection for things beyond my realm,
for icons of religion,

other's faith and other's soul.

With
out asking the question
what time do we arrive we just do.

With
out worrying
the potential of self,
id consults with fate and doors miraculously open.

Tracking my life via work shot around the nature of other people’s doings, without ever knowing where my personal Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha or lord fits in with that or them or if even a/the great I Am hangs in my heart space!

Knowning not knowing which of ten thousand potential and precious things might next take my eye and engage the shutter button.

No comments: