20080130

People in Stone Houses Shouldn't Throw Glass

Kia ora,
Despite our complete lack of activity and profile, we are flattered to have recieved some robust comments from 'anonymous' readers, which should soon appear on the blog.
We welcome comments from all perspectives, however personal and embittered, as well as the good ones that we don't write ourselves. As always with any creative pursuit, it doesn't matter whether people think what you do is good or bad; as long as they are not indifferent.
We are amazed that anyone has the time or the inclination, to repeatedly criticise us as people and as aspiring creatives. However we are glad we can provide an outlet for these frustrated ghosts of the internet. These ghosts need a home and have suggested setting up an 'Anti-DIG Blog'. This is a much better idea than doing something constructive, with integrity on their own behalf and we wholeheartedly encourage it. We of course will be able to link to it, comment on it and rave on like pretentious, egotistical idiots about it. It will also give us an opportunity to fully appreciate the superior calibre of our critics, not only in the creative realm, but also their substantial contribution to 'the kids', community, world-peace and 21st Century culture.

So....if you want to say something personal, do it personally, if you have got something constructive to say, say it constructively and if you have something to show for yourselves, show it - You DIG!...
..."TAXI"




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Neil,
it is unfortunate that I am having to write this email but......

.............I have made a number of friends and colleagues here at the LRC over the last few years, a few of whom, recently decided to google each others names, and of course on googling my name , they all read that nonsense, which I then had to attempt to explain.

Just for the record though, you are well aware that it contains statements which apart from being untrue are just plain ridiculous, and that's fair enough, as amusing though, as I have previously found this, others unfortunately decided that it should be taken a little more seriously, and felt that they should say something on my behalf.

They did so whilst using my email address,despite my insistence that they should refrain from doing so, and that I did not really approve or feel it necessary.

I wish to make it clear to you, that I had absolutely no intention of even looking at Dig this New Year at all, let alone make anymore silly comments just to wind you pair up, as you have attempted to do me.

As much as I've enjoyed the 'egotistical, pretentious etc' banter, I had concluded that it was time to basically call it a day, so to speak.

Yes, I have been considering setting up my own blog to showcase new artwork, including recent voluntary work, but with shortly and finally moving, now is not the time.

However, if I ever were to set up a blog, I can guarantee that looking for ways to discredit or attack you pair or Dig through it, would certainly not feature, and the thought had not even occurred to me, until being spitefully suggested recently. I have a little more self respect thanks!

No one is going to set up an 'anti dig blog' or any kind of blog for that matter against either of you. You seem to of achieved that yourselves!

I really don't know what's become of you. I really don't know where on Earth your head is at.

Without wishing to be intentionally offensive in any way at all, I have seriously wondered (honestly) over the past few years, if you are struggling with some form of mental illness, if you are developing or have become schizophrenic, or if you have become delusional or whatever, I just really don't know.

I wonder if you have demonised me so much in your own mind, that you have simply forgotten what I am or can really be like, or if you simply have a short memory.

Anyway, I felt compelled to write.

You will hear no more from me through Dig or any other blog. It's a silly game that has run it's course as far as I am concerned, and one in which you have been more than welcome to publish whatever you like about me. However, this has now accidentally come breed real hostility from others, and this is clearly unfair.

I have no personal intention of seriously attacking either of you in anyway, and will shortly be moving on to a fresh start in life.

your still welcome to email me if you wish.

Have fun!

Pete.